Reaching Through the Veil shows how angels are a part of our everyday lives. This blog is designed to share your experiences, stories that you find, quotes from General Authorities, and scriptures that show that angels are a part of our lives.

Sunday, March 21, 2021

Something Only Angels Could Help Me With By Rebecca Wood

 

Something Only Angels Could Help Me With

By Rebecca Wood · March 18, 2021

 

I had a sweet Temple experience when my daughter Lauren was serving a mission in Peru. At the time she was serving in the southern part of Peru in the little city of Tacna. In her weekly email home, she casually mentioned to me that she had developed lice, which was probably from the children whom she loved so very much. It was just a side note and she didn’t expand on it. The weeks went by and although she still had the lice she never really acted like it was a problem. She indicated that she thought it was going away. She and her companion were having some incredible experiences that overshadowed the lice. But as her Mother, I was getting a little worried. 

After about 5 weeks, I received an email that read, “Mom… the lice is back, and worse than before. All week my head has been itching like crazy and finally, yesterday, I couldn’t take it any longer. Especially walking all day in the burning sun. So we went back to our room for my comp to check my head, and sure enough, not just the dead little guys from last week, but a new army of lice running all through my hair with plenty of eggs. It is THE most uncomfortable thing. We have spent the day cleaning any sheet, shirt, and brush that my hair has touched in the last week. My head is still full of it even though my companion pulled so much out yesterday, Mom, I have lost so much of my hair and I’m afraid we might have to cut it off. But, we saw so many miracles this week so I can’t complain because I think Heavenly Father is just blessing me more for my patience.” 

My heart sank when I read this. I called her sister who is out of state and we just cried. Lauren has long, thick beautiful hair that nearly goes to her waist. We talked about how helpless we felt and that if we were there the two of us would help her get rid of the lice. The next day was my Temple day. Knowing what Lauren was going through, I had her on the forefront of my mind during my visit.

That day, I had planned to do initiatory work with some family names. I was called back, and while waiting in the little room, I read the family name on my card. I immediately had this overwhelming feeling that started from my head and went down through my body. I knew at that moment that the sister’s name I had just read was in the room. I could feel her and I quickly started expressing to her my love for the Gospel. I bore my testimony and told her that I was doing a work for her that would make her so happy if she accepted it. I was then impressed to ask for a favor. 

I told her that just as I was doing something for her that she could not do for herself, I also needed help on something I couldn’t do for myself. I told her I had a daughter that was in a country far away in Peru that needed help. I told her how helpless I felt and how much I was worried about her condition. I asked her if she could please find 2 women that could take the place of her sister and me and do whatever it took to get rid of the lice. I then had the most calm feeling and by the time I left the Temple I was no longer uptight or worried. If anything, I just knew that I had been given peace.



Fast forward to the next Monday when I received an email from my missionary. The caption read  “Angel’s came to my rescue”. She went on to say that her Pencionista and sweet daughter had come to her rescue. It took them 5 hours, but they got all the lice out. Lauren said, “I just imagined them being you two because I know if I were home, it would be you two saving me.” She had no idea about the Temple experience I had just days earlier. I was so overcome with emotion seeing a picture of her with these two “Angel’s” that stepped in to help. My prayer was answered exactly how I requested. Our ancestors need us, but my testimony of us needing them was magnified. We can ask for their help and they are able to do things that we can’t do.  This strengthened my testimony of the work that goes on in the Temple. How grateful I am for a loving Heavenly Father who loves his missionaries and loves their Mothers enough to answer a prayer from another side of the world. 

https://latterdaysaintmag.com/something-only-angels-could-help-me-with/?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=scot-maurine-proctor&utm_content=Friday+19+March

No comments: