Reaching Through the Veil shows how angels are a part of our everyday lives. This blog is designed to share your experiences, stories that you find, quotes from General Authorities, and scriptures that show that angels are a part of our lives.

Thursday, February 14, 2019

A Message to a Young Adult


A Message to My Fellow Single Adults: "You're Not Doing Anything Wrong"
byMorgan Jones | Feb. 09, 2019

The following has been republished from alittlepencil.com.
Several weeks ago, I was in church and our stake president was conducting an anonymous question and answer session in the young single adult ward when the following question was asked: “What are we not doing that we should be doing?”
I don’t know who asked this question, and I don’t know what sparked the question for the anonymous asker. But I do know that it was asked by someone in a singles ward, and I also know that for me, a long-time singles ward attendee, many times I have poured my heart out asking the same question of God: “What am I not doing that I should be doing?” This question, for me, often comes because there is nothing more I want than to have a family, to be a wife and a mother, and I wish the Lord would just tell me what I’m doing wrong so I could fix it. I would do anything to fix it.
It was this very question I had been pondering a year-and-a-half ago, while working in the temple shortly after going through a tough breakup. All of the sudden I had a feeling that my Grandma Momel, who passed away several years ago, was trying to talk to me. The Salt Lake Temple is huge and there are lots of temple workers so there are several times when your job is literally to stand, smile, and sometimes offer directions when people pass by. I was stationed at one such assignment when this feeling came to me and, at the risk of seeming totally crazy, I thought, “Okay, I’m listening.”
I quickly began to feel that not only my grandma but my grandpa, who passed away over 15 years ago, was talking to me. It was a brief experience and I won’t share all of it, but I remember very distinctly one thing I felt they wanted to communicate to me. I didn’t hear anything audible and you could certainly ask (I myself have wondered) if it was just a thought in my mind, but it was contrary to what I had been telling myself. I had been thinking that I must be defective, that there must have been something I was doing all wrong, when very clearly I heard the words in my mind: “You’re not doing anything wrong; you’re doing everything right. Just keep doing what you’re doing.”

http://www.ldsliving.com/A-Message-to-My-Fellow-Single-Adults-You-re-Not-Doing-Anything-Wrong/s/90230?utm_source=ldsliving&utm_medium=email


No comments: