Reaching Through the Veil shows how angels are a part of our everyday lives. This blog is designed to share your experiences, stories that you find, quotes from General Authorities, and scriptures that show that angels are a part of our lives.

Friday, November 2, 2018

Ex-CIA Agent Tim Ballard the Power of Angels

How Surrounding

Himself with 

Darkness

Has Taught 

Ex-CIA 

Agent Tim 

Ballard

the Power of 

Angels


Tim Ballard is a member of a church that often teaches the
 importance of “standing in holy places,” but in his fight against
child slavery, he spends a lot of time in dark spaces. However, in
the second episode of All In, Tim Ballard told LDS Living host
Jamie Armstrong that he often feels the Spirit most in those moments.
 In fact, Ballard went as far as to say that he wouldn’t be able to
 do what he does in his work with Operation Underground
Railroad if he didn’t have “a powerful faith in the Atonement
 and in the Savior.”
JA: You’re interacting with evil people, and you’re seeing the
 darkest things in the world. How do you not fall apart?
TB: I’ve watched guys and girls in this line of work who
quit and they lose their faith. How could a loving God allow
 this to happen? There must not be a God. You’ve got to
 understand the things we see. It’s incomprehensible. . . .
 People used to ask me, how do you do this? How do
you sit toe-to-toe with a trafficker and buy and sell children
and not become dark? And I couldn’t answer that question
 for a long time, because if I gave my honest answer, they
 would think I was crazy because the answer was, ‘Man,
 I feel really good when I’m doing that’ and [they’d think],
 ‘What are you? Some kind of crazy nut that you feel good
doing that?’ It wasn’t until later, I was reading the scriptures
 and pondering and I started learning or relearning and
internalizing the doctrine of angels and what [an] angel’s job is.
If you read the Book of Mormon and you pick the five principles
 that the Lord definitely wants us to believe, the five doctrinal
 truths, angels has to be on that list. Think of how many
times we are taught, ‘This is real; I send them to you. These
 are real people.’ So, I started recognizing, ‘Oh, that’s what I’m
 feeling. That’s why I feel actually closer to God as I’m
witnessing the worst things.’ I mean I’m toe-to-toe with a trafficker,
 the kids are in the back room, he’s talking to me about what
he’s done to these kids, showing me videos, and I’ve got to
look at those videos and laugh and act like I’m his friend.
It’s the only way I’m going to get these kids out. And
I’m feeling, what I now recognize, the whole time
the Spirit and light. And the closer I get to the dark, the
brighter those angels are because they’re with those kids
and they’re sitting encouraging me and blocking him,
the trafficker, so he doesn’t see me, what’s in my eyes.
Once I opened up to that doctrine and then you go in
with that knowledge, then you recognize it in a way that’s
sure. And then you start praying for it. It’s a lesson for
everybody, really. You don’t have to be working in the
darkness of sex slavery to apply this principle. This is
something that everybody can and should employ because
there’s darkness around all of us.
http://www.ldsliving.com/How-Surrounding-
Himself-with-Darkness-Has-Taught-Ex-CIA-Agent-
Tim-Ballard-the-Power-of-Angels/s/89629?
utm_source=ldsliving&utm_medium=email

No comments: