Reaching Through the Veil shows how angels are a part of our everyday lives. This blog is designed to share your experiences, stories that you find, quotes from General Authorities, and scriptures that show that angels are a part of our lives.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Elder Robert D. Hales

Robert D. Hales
"On a few occasions, I told the Lord that I had surely learned the lessons to be taught and that it wouldn't be necessary for me to endure any more suffering.  such entreaties seemed to be of no avail, for it was made clear to me that this purifying process of testing was to be endured in the Lord's time and in the Lord's own way.  It is one thing to teach, "Thy will be done" (Matt. 26:42).  It is another to live it.  I also learned that I would not be left alone to meet these trials and tribulations but that guardian angels would attend me.  There were some that were near angels in the form of doctors, nurses, and most of all my sweet companion, Mary.  And on occasion, when the Lord so desired, I was to be comforted with visitations of heavenly hosts that brought comfort and eternal reassurances in my time of need." Ensign, Nov. 2000, "The Covenant of Baptism: To Be in the Kingdom and of the Kingdom."


No comments: